MUSSELSHELL RANCH WIFE

LIFE OF A RANCH WIFE, LIVING ON THE MUSSELSHELL, TRYING TO FIND TIME TO PAINT

Friday, December 4, 2009

A Small Breakthrough


Ok, back to this running thing. It has just been there like a little thorn or something.....just kind of bugging me. Don't get me wrong. I am glad it is there. I have hung with this for about a year, fitness that is, and have been adding some running here and there. It comes and goes, or at least it did, now it is here more that there. For the last three months I have really been interested in truly adding in the running. I have had little breakthroughs along the way. Getting through 4 minutes without stopping, that was a big one. (remember that speed will just have to wait) I have a program on my ipod that is an interval training plan. It was hard. but then a little breakthrough....it started getting easier. It is hard to find a flat stretch around here, but I did. Then came the hills, well just a couple. But I wanted them because I would do short intervals going up. Then came a little breakthrough, 5 minutes, then 6 minutes......solid running well jogging or even just a trot! (Yes you got it....going down) lol I will take it any way I can get it. Well, I have had my biggest breakthrough yet. One mile, a little over, finally, finally, finally! I am really happy, but now I have to keep it up. It will be a while before that mile becomes easy.
I have a goal. I want to run part of the Blooms Day Road Race in Spokane. More than I did last year.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Thanks for the nice comment on my blog. I was so encouraged when I read your blog, because I am so out of shape compared to about a dozen years ago. And here I am trying to put jogging back into my life after finishing a degree while teaching. I am determined to do the 12 minute target in the morning, and continue to walk with my friend in the evening, and I am so glad to find someone who is kind of doing the same thing! You just keep up the work, slowly is good, better than hitting it hard, and keep that goal in your mind and on the bathroom mirror. You will do it!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is fantastic you are running! Also having a race goal is fun to work toward too! I am just muddling along at my own and upping my speed, but nothing that "taxes" me! lol You have a cheering section!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you. Keep running. I read the entry about hunting. We go through the same thing every fall, bringing the horses and cattle in closer and hoping there aren't too many idiots out there.

    ReplyDelete