MUSSELSHELL RANCH WIFE

LIFE OF A RANCH WIFE, LIVING ON THE MUSSELSHELL, TRYING TO FIND TIME TO PAINT

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Musselshell River Bluffs


Last fall, when I began my renewed interest in painting, I painted, what turned out to be a very long study of the bluffs behind my house. For some reason I had a hard time with the whole painting and was greatly intimidated. I would spend a lot of time staring at the work in progress and could hardly bring myself to paint a single stroke. I was not thrilled with the painting when I finished, but was just glad to move on to something else.


I recently repainted it. I spent about 45 minutes on it and am much happier with the results. The water in the top one looks more water like and reflective, but the lower one looks more like the actual water, rippling.


No comments:

Post a Comment