MUSSELSHELL RANCH WIFE

LIFE OF A RANCH WIFE, LIVING ON THE MUSSELSHELL, TRYING TO FIND TIME TO PAINT

Friday, November 27, 2009

Finally the Running Part

It has been about a week since I have done any walking/running. Things just got crazy and I got lazy. I told a neighbor the other night at church I was getting after it the day after Thanksgiving. So that was what I did. But I did drag my feet. But by 2 pm I was out the door, running shoes on, ipod in hand and plenty of layers. Not sure why I can't seem to dress for this. I had too many layers on this time. At least with too many layers, I can leave a trail of clothing along my way and pick it up on my way back.
I did my usual 5 minute warm up and then did about 20 minutes of run one minute and walk one. then I did 6 minutes of running and 2 walking then I did 4 minutes of run one and walk one but i ran quite a bit faster ( and I use the word faster loosely) walked for 2 minutes ran for 2 and finished. I will be glad when i can just do this and not have to look at my watch all the time, but it is the watch that keeps me going and kind of competitive. I felt pretty good afterwards, no serious aches or pains. I can skip the advil today.

2 comments:

  1. Wyna--Love the picture. Your blog is really taking shape! I Need you closer so that I can change things around and not worry about "losing" something that I have put in! LOL

    Neat pics! Glad you are running. I jumped on the TM yesterday before company and I got on 30+ min. this morning and after they left I went another 46 min. I need to get going if I am going to continue to eat this way! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy Neighbor! You are officially entered in my book giveaway.
    We started our blog last February, then gave it up for a while. Who wants to sit in front of a computer during the summer? But I love these types of blogs where people write about life on farms and ranches. Keep it up, and thank you for visiting.

    ReplyDelete